permaculture - Re: [permaculture] fukuoka_farming mailing list needs aco-moderator.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Dieter Brand <diebrand@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] fukuoka_farming mailing list needs aco-moderator.
  • Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2012 13:37:06 -0700 (PDT)

> I put forth the idea that natural farming receives discourse
> on this list

I think nobody will object to natural farming issues being discussed on this
list; however, I suspect that there may not be sufficient interest to
generate a lively discussion.

My idea has been a general Natural Farming list which would host discussions
related to different schools of Natural Farming. In my experience,
discussion of methods used by different schools of Natural Farming is often
met by hostility on the Fukuoka list. That's why I gave up.

My preferred Natural Farming (NF) list would include discussions on:
- NF according MOA (Mokiichi Okada Association)
- EM according to Prof. Hige, which is a continuation of MOA
- NF according to Shumei, which is a splinter group of MOA
- NF according to Fukuoka
- NF according to Kawaguchi, which is the most popular today
- Korean Natural Farming according to Dr. Cho
- Philippines Natural farming which is inspired by Dr. Cho
- Examples of NF in India
- Examples of NF in the West
- Practical methods for adopting NF to different regions
- Examples of traditional farming compatible with NF
- Others.

The trouble is that most NF traditions are of Far Eastern origin and, except
for Fukuoka, not readily available in English. That explains probably why
the only discussion is on Fukuoka.