permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Garden in the Stars project

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Cory Brennan <cory8570@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Garden in the Stars project
  • Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2012 08:15:44 -0700 (PDT)

Not redwood, please. There is no excuse ever to use redwood unless it has
already been cut, is fully repurposed and what you build will last 1000
years, same as it will take to grow a new tree to old growth stature. Please,
don't EVER use redwood for any reason, guys, that is newly cut. Please! We're
down from 2 million acres to 38,000 or near that.  These ecosystems are the
lungs of the planet, and some people feel that they are the heart, too (or
one of them). If you've spent time in a redwood forest, you'll know why.

Koreen Brennan

www.growpermaculture.com
www.facebook.com/growpermaculturenow
www.meetup.com/sustainable-urban-agriculture-coalition