permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Garden in the Stars project

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: venaurafarm <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Garden in the Stars project
  • Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2012 12:33:51 -0400

On 10/8/2012 11:15 AM, Cory Brennan wrote:
Not redwood, please. There is no excuse ever to use redwood unless it
has already been cut, is fully repurposed

Yes, thisis obvious, already cut resawn and repurposed redwood, fir, heart pine, and other woods.

and what you build will
last 1000 years, same as it will take to grow a new tree to old
growth stature. Please, don't EVER use redwood for any reason, guys,
that is newly cut. Please! We're down from 2 million acres to 38,000

It gets cut by the owners of the land and shipped to Japan or other countries; same with high dollar cedars and probably fir too. Not meant for Americans, they just live in another of thos third world countries... :-) [the 99%].

or near that. These ecosystems are the lungs of the planet, and some
people feel that they are the heart, too (or one of them). If you've
spent time in a redwood forest, you'll know why.

I have never see them but wish otherwise.