permaculture - [permaculture] Eating Insects The Latest Trend Among Those Dedicated To Looking Good And Partying All Night?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Marjory Wildcraft <forestgarden@gvtc.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Eating Insects The Latest Trend Among Those Dedicated To Looking Good And Partying All Night?
  • Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 17:11:52 -0500

So I get to the television station soaking wet and a bit late (from the rain) and I go into the ladies room and spread all over every available surface is cases and cases of makeup. These two beautifully made up, hip, and glamorous women are doing the mirror thing and offer me the use of their colors.

You gotta do your own make up when you go on television, and since I know so little about it, well, I politely decline and figure I'll just continue to go "natural".

Allen and I got all our gear together (you have to bring your own pots, pans, and stove) and were escorted from the green room to the set. And it is at this point, I seriously began to doubt the entire situation. My host was one of the women from the bathroom!

We've done this segment on several shows now and Allen and I have running jokes about which hosts will eat bugs, and which ones won't. I am looking at this really gorgeous young woman named Cassandra wearing more jewelry and make up than I've ever owned, and I am thinking that this is about the craziest situation I've gotten into in a long time.

But Cassandra is totally into it. And by the time it was over, with all the viewers tweeting in, the avalanche of comments and emails, you would think that eating insects was the latest thing among those dedicated to looking good and partying all night.

Someone did remind us there are worms in the bottom of tequila bottles.

Fortunately we brought enough insects for the whole cast and crew. They stayed on for quite a while after the show eating bugs and taking photos of themselves and teasing the one woman who held out until she also caved and enjoyed a mealy worm.

Since you missed the Bug Fest, here is a link to see the segment - it's a little over 10 minutes and you'll see exactly how to cook up bugs, which ones are edible, and of course which ones to avoid...

http://growyourowngroceries.com/gyog-bug <https://wdf87122.infusionsoft.com/app/linkClick/1395/699c02b7ebcb545e/904555/477b02d7f25bb857>

Enjoy!

Marjory

PS: Next week, after I come back from Dallas I've got an amazing video showing the ultimate reason to grow a garden!