permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Biochar

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Thomas Paul Jahn <thomaspauljahn@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Biochar
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 18:33:47 +0100

Dieter, I actually came to think that *you* - in particular - should try
biochar on your property in Portugal. You have repeatedly said that water
shortage is your main challenge.
Irrespective of your critism to biochar as a solution, or rather in line
with your healthy scepticism, I think you should give it a try on a very
small plot. I could imagine that this would kick-start your vegetation and
in the end lead to much more humus production than before.

It is not my ambition to find a solution for Florida or any other big
project. Big project such as geoengeneering destroy local efforts.
I want to encourage people to experiment themselves. 'Research' will always
only suggest package solutions. And they are never ideal for more than one
particular situation.

In particular with biochar, we cannot wait and rely on others research. We
gotta experiment ourselves.

thanks for the link to "die schwimmenden Gärten"

Thomas