permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Protein in vegetarian diet | Re: Fwd: [New post] Maintaining the garden

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Douglas Woodard <dwoodard@becon.org>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Protein in vegetarian diet | Re: Fwd: [New post] Maintaining the garden
  • Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2011 01:41:31 -0500

High lysine corn bred by conventional methods goes back several decades but seems to have been limited to animal feed and was not completely successful commercially. More recently GMO high-lysine corn has been promoted as human food.

Among references I noted:

<http://www.aspd.org/publicaffairs/briefing/larkins.cfm>
and
<http://www.gmls.eu/beitraege/GML52_Breckling.pdf>