permaculture - Re: [permaculture] What are your priceless permaculture tools?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Jason Gerhardt <jasongerhardt@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] What are your priceless permaculture tools?
  • Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 18:40:34 -0600

-Felco #2 pruners are indispensable for myriad tasks, always keep 'em on my
hip.

-Good 'ol shovel! I would be nowhere with all the time in the world without
a shovel.

-Mattock pick. I live in rock country! I never plant a tree without it on
hand.

-Spear and Jackson d-handled hand forged garden spade. The best tool for
tree planting in my mind. Hand forged tools are extremely durable and
likely will last a lifetime, even in rock country.

-Spear and Jackson long handled hand forged trowel. Unfortunately I don't
think they make these anymore, they have been replaced with a flimsier metal
attached handle. If you find one with the extra long wood handle buy it!

-Bunyip water level.

-My senses. Indispensable for site assessment.

-Mind. Indispensable for designing and storing information.

-Macbook Pro. It never occurred to me that this would end up on the list of
most important tools, but I would be extremely low on work without it.
Useful for thousands of tasks.

--
Jason Gerhardt
Designer and Educator