permaculture - Re: [permaculture] corn gluten meal vs monsanto

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "John & Maia O'Brien" <johnandmaia@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] corn gluten meal vs monsanto
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 09:13:30 -0800

Sorry for the last post, responding to wrong email. Another reason for local
action to shut down the GMO alfalfa travesty is that in a quote in the
excellent film "Nicotine
Bees"<http://pierreterre.com/video/nicotine-bees-trailer>which
Everyone who likes to eat needs to see and understand, is that Bayer
and Monsanto announced an recent agreement that all Monsanto GMO corn will
be treated with their new "preferred seed treatment program" which involves
Bayer's imidacloprid, proven to cause "sublethal" behavior changes in
honeybees: they can't navigate properly. They leave the hive, never to
return. This is a hallmark symptom of Colony Collapse Disorder. Hives
abandoned by adult bees, found with only the queen, some brood and newly
hatched bees.

John O'Brien
Olympia, WA

Seek the truly practical material life, but seek it in such a way
that it does not numb you to the spirit that works within it.
Seek the spirit, but not out of spiritual lust or spiritual egoism;
seek it rather because you wish to become selfless in the practical life of
the material world.
Turn to the ancient principle:
"Spirit never without matter, matter never without spirit!"
And say to yourselves:
We will do everything material in the light of the spirit,
and we will seek the light of the spirit in such a way
that it enkindles warmth in us for our practical deeds.
Rudolf Steiner