permaculture - [permaculture] Social permaculture - mental health issues

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Cory Brennan <cory8570@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Social permaculture - mental health issues
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 11:36:50 -0800 (PST)

I briefly advocated for mental health patients and foster care kids on
psychiatric drugs and just helped a friend recently who was having severe
side effects from a psych drug, and I felt compelled to share this with the
group. When I worked in that field, I saw many many instances of the side
effects from the drugs being worse than the mental symptoms they were
supposed to help. Some of the drugs cause permanent brain damage, for
instance - well documented in the medical studies.
I feel the legal drug cartel is part of the overall problem we are trying to
solve - there are more iatrogenic (caused by medication or other treatment)
illnesses than many of the top diseases. And we have the whole environmental
toxicity situation. I understand that not all medical drugs are bad and some
are quite life saving, and for many, the side effects are worth it, and I
acknowledge that. But there are some serious corruption issues that I feel
need to be looked at.
We worked on getting one law implemented in California that requires mental
health professionals to ensure a thorough physical examination is done before
diagnosing for mental illness. That is because, per study, so many mental
symptoms have underlying physical cases - we found lupus, a broken back (i
kid you NOT - the pain was driving the person crazy), typhoid, heavy metal
poisoning, candida, vitamin and mineral deficiencies and you name it - when
it was treated with alternative medicine (usually, except the broken back),
the mental symptoms disappeared.
The mental health industry has many scurvy elements to it (I've been there
and seen it, some of it made me truly sick), and they are owned by Big Pharma
which is so corrupt it is almost unbelievable, totally in bed with big oil,
big ag, Halliburton, etc.
There are alternatives which align a lot more with permaculture design, that
address real causes (including environmental), and show more thorough people
care.  This is one of them. Please, if someone you know is having serious
emotional or mental difficulties, consider alternatives.
http://www.alternativementalhealth.com/
Cory

>From jstorvick@gmail.com Fri Dec 17 15:20:44 2010
:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type;
bh=XzLBYStYm4IrpJbainlV4eH+oJAzlmtMjaX7yVEZ+Gk=;
b=JR/YkVeboEWUnweK8Wk0xsXt2IQrTYmXNoSi5hsPNtyaoFtjFrXzkHAjuArQWwXCTv
2UnT2bgwoLWDuRfItvFa/5JsRRbJKFNY2tqwt+RrZXs29ku5nSVo7b07MJLlKqMYBR3f
S3P4GJhl3bNpOsOXZ8TDmocRkE05P0aK3bavgDomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1;
c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma;
h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to
:content-type;
b=cJumKWhBOs7db3PvE9DIe7tHylpu2b0o/qUPaNXvxZhGP1xvhBZjQbitc/VwQMmQXx
KVy8qDbmri7wgwfLuXQ2R1r8t3jQFgPalKEUfFfcRXevqApbX6A2b/csLycvbj0m6dHI
LUYOYImLX5lfbbiuYif8dWNxMIFBYUbVTFFToMIME-Version: 1.0