permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Fluorescent Light Bulbs are a RIP OFF!

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: carolyn anderson <cschampagne@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Fluorescent Light Bulbs are a RIP OFF!
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 16:23:02 -0600

Yes to all of this, especially the toxicity element.
NEVER throw away a fluorescent bulb of any kind.
The mercury in them gets into the earth, and then into the water, and then
into our bodies.
CFL's are NOT the answer.

Coming soon, but still to expensive to be widely used: LED
Keep an eye out.
In the meantime, stick to incandescent.
The kelvin temperature of the light given off by these bulbs aligns closer
to the color of fire, our primal source of light (sun).
There's very little good about fluorescent. We've been fed a bill of goods
and most of us bought it without question.

Question everything.
do your own research!

Carolyn