permaculture - [permaculture] Fluorescent Light Bulbs are a RIP OFF!

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: paul wheaton <paul@richsoil.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Fluorescent Light Bulbs are a RIP OFF!
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 14:32:14 -0700

This is my new article.

I've been working on it around the clock for days.

* CFLs do not last as long as is claimed
* Many CFLs provide 42% less light than claimed
* CFLs put out 20% to 30% less light as they get older
* I think each CFL is subsidized $10 to $40
* I think the toxicity of a CFL is downplayed
* I think there are better ways to save electricity than fiddling
with bulb type
* There are incandescent bulbs that are claimed to last longer
than fluorescents
* There are new incandescents coming out that give off more light per watt

http://www.richsoil.com/CFL-fluorescent-light-bulbs.jsp