permaculture - [permaculture] http://permaculturelist.wordpress.com | A blog has been added to this list to complement it with extra features (photo uploads & post+comment to enhance discussion threads)

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] http://permaculturelist.wordpress.com | A blog has been added to this list to complement it with extra features (photo uploads & post+comment to enhance discussion threads)
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 00:05:55 -0400

Permaculture Mailing List Blog
http://permaculturelist.wordpress.com
A blog has been added to this list to complement it with extra features
(photo uploads & post+comment for enhance discussion threads)

I have it configured now this way:

1) Comment author must fill out name and e-mail
2) Users must be registered and logged in to comment

This will keep itinerant spammers from posting stuff I have to eventually
delete - but I can change
these options to allow anyone to post comments if 1) this is preferable 2)
for a trial period 3) no change,
only registered users can submit comments

This is a very easy blog to use; you can upload pictures and discussion can be developed around posts (thread topics) and followup comments and comments on comments.

I have Wordpress set up on ibiblio and would eventually like to run this blog there, sharing the same host as this mailing list, easier for future maintenance needs and others involved with that.

I will be inviting as many of you as Wordpress will allow to become contributors or editors. Anyone wanting status beyond commenter now just email me (lfljvenaura@gmail.com) or post such to the list. I think there is a WP limit to the number of people who can create new posts (threads), i.e. contributors, but no limit on commenters in their free blogs.

Enjoy the blog.

LL