permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Talking stick and time to respond - people care

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Talking stick and time to respond - people care
  • Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 22:41:36 -0400

On 10/10/2010 9:53 PM, A Sampson-Kelly wrote:

This is why I prefer to use email than any other communication for complex
ideas.
I like email because it allows me time to think, although some people may
hate the chopping and changing of topics

You should feel free to do this to the max, as you choose. It is part of the creative process and that's partly what this list is all about, creating a useful, searchable knowledgebase. And another thing, it will always exist at ibiblio and always be noncommercial.

(facebook is probably more organised in that regard, because you can focus on
a thread)

The practical solution to this, beyond what this list can offer, is a blog. I will create one as described in my previous post and will take the time to mirror threads in this list and upgrade users to beyond commenter status as desired. This could be a lot of fun. I have been looking for an alternative to FB and an upgrade for this list. I would add message post footer info for this list with an active link to the blog so you can get there quickly and efficiently
to view extended discussion and pictures or videos. Actually I can set it up so comments and posts can be made by email and by telephone.