permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Enough, ......Genug, ........Basta, ........Bastamante, ...........Goodbye, .......Fairwell, .........Best Wishes

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Enough, ......Genug, ........Basta, ........Bastamante, ...........Goodbye, .......Fairwell, .........Best Wishes
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 12:53:30 -0400

On 9/21/2010 11:02 AM, Andrew McSwain wrote:
Sorry for the double post. One last thing.

Correct me if I'm wrong, it seems as though by privatizing the posts and
shutting out new members wouldn't keep us
safe from immaturity, just from growing and contributing to the growing body
of online permaculture knowledge.

The message archives are private (not publically viewable or Google searchable) and accessable only by subscribers through login to their accounts. This is only temporary, I never intended it to be permanent. It is just too useful and convenient to have them within easy reach and searchable with Google. This also brings new subscribers who might not otherwise know about this forum.

I was unaware that Lawerence was the founder, thanks and gratitude to somehow
bringing together so many amazing minds
in one place. It's so convenient and always so active that sometimes I take
it for granted.

Thanks go to the subscribers, like yourself. I am just a facilitator. It is a handy place to store interesting things I find about permaculture, i.e. the archives, and sometimes those posts generate synergy through input from others,
greatly enhancing the value of the archives as a knowledgebase.

I will reset the list status soon, when I see that there are no more users
leaving because of the offtopic threads.
Believe me, I will never let this happen again.