permaculture - Re: [permaculture] a permanent knowledge bank

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Chris Watkins <chriswaterguy@appropedia.org>
  • To: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • Cc: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] a permanent knowledge bank
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 14:03:17 +0800

> Update: I have gotten permaculture.info transferred from the place of dark
> wiggly grasping things (sorry, been listening to Hitchhiker's Guide To the
> Galaxy) to register.com. Next step is for me to arrange domain hosting at
> UNC for it, an easy last step which I will get done asap. Then the wiki
> (mediawiki) will again be available for our use.
> Quite a bit of work has been done and I am hoping we can continue
> adding permaculture information to the site.

Great news, Lawrence, thank you!

> I am in touch with Rich on Facebook and hope, between Scott and myself, to
> work out new permissions for prospective contributors and administrators and
> eliminate anonymous input.

I like anonymous input, but that's another story. It requires a good handle
on spam, and an community checking the RecentChanges page. One of the
advantages of a large, cross-disciplinary wiki with people in many time
zones. (This is no small thing to achieve - much, much more work than the
technical side.)

> > (As mentioned, we also have publicly available dumps, so anyone with tech
> > skills on a server could set up a wiki with Appropedia's content in an
> hour
> or two - should the worst happen.)
>
> That sounds interesting. I'll have a look again at Appropedia and consider
> the options you have offered. Will get back to you about that.

Great. We're always interested in working together.

Chris

--
Chris Watkins

Appropedia.org - Sharing knowledge to build rich, sustainable lives.

blogs.appropedia.org
community.livejournal.com/appropedia
identi.ca/appropedia
twitter.com/appropedia