permaculture - Re: [permaculture] a permanent knowledge bank

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] a permanent knowledge bank
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 01:54:11 -0400

On 7/23/2010 1:23 AM, Chris Watkins wrote:
permaculture.info is still down, and I have heard nothing new about Rich
Morris. Does anyone else have news?

Appropedia.org is always open to permaculture information, but I know that
people put in a lot of work on permaculture.info. It would be a shame to
lose that.

(As mentioned, we also have publicly available dumps, so anyone with tech
skills on a server could set up a wiki with Appropedia's content in an hour
or two - should the worst happen.)

Hello Chris:

Update: I have gotten permaculture.info transferred from the place of dark wiggly grasping things (sorry, been listening to Hitchhiker's Guide To the Galaxy) to register.com. Next step is for me to arrange domain hosting at UNC for it, an easy last step which I will get done asap. Then the wiki (mediawiki) will again be available for our use.
Quite a bit of work has been done and I am hoping we can continue
adding permaculture information to the site.

I am in touch with Rich on Facebook and hope, between Scott and myself, to work out new permissions for prospective contributors and administrators and eliminate anonymous input.

> Appropedia.org is always open to permaculture information, but I know that
> people put in a lot of work on permaculture.info. It would be a shame to
> lose that.

I can now say for sure that it will not be lost.

> (As mentioned, we also have publicly available dumps, so anyone with tech
> skills on a server could set up a wiki with Appropedia's content in an hour
or two - should the worst happen.)

That sounds interesting. I'll have a look again at Appropedia and consider the options you have offered. Will get back to you about that.

Lawrence