permaculture - [permaculture] Sustainable World Radio Interview with David Holmgren/Future Scenarios: How Communities Can Adapt to Peak Oil and Climate Change.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network <lakinroe@silcom.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Sustainable World Radio Interview with David Holmgren/Future Scenarios: How Communities Can Adapt to Peak Oil and Climate Change.
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 06:48:31 -0700

Hi Everybody,

People have been asking me how they can listen to Sustainable World Radio since I'm taking a break from broadcasting live on local community radio station KCSB. There are a couple of different ways to tune in. Sustainable World Podcasts can now be heard on my website- www.sustainableworldradio.com and on ITunes. Many of my interviews and past shows are posted online, as well as some new interviews (with more to follow), and lots of perennial favorites including: Mushrooms Can Save the World with Paul Stamets, Botanical Medicine with Kami McBride, Keyline Design with Darren Doherty, and Homescale Permaculture with Toby Hemenway.
Wes Roe of the Santa Barbara Permaculture Network and I were pleased to spend some time on the phone with Permaculture Co-Founder David Holmgren. We have a two part interview to show for it that will hopefully make you laugh, teach you some things about how to contribute and thrive in an energy descent world, and reassure you that "the party may not be over."

I'm thrilled that the Internet exists and that many people around the world are listening to and learning from the amazing guests that I've been able to speak with over the past six years. It's inspiring to be surrounded by such incredible teachers, earth stewards, plant people, and permaculturists who are sharing their skills and knowledge at such a critical time.

Thanks for your support and for listening.

Jill Cloutier

http://www.sustainableworldradio.com/

Permaculture- The Beginning of a Worldwide Movement- Part 1
Part 1 of a 2 part interview with David Holmgren, the co-originator of Permaculture. Holmgren is co-author of Permaculture One, the book that introduced Permaculture to the world. In part one of this interview, Holmgren speaks about the beginnings of Permaculture, his home Melliodora; one of the best documented and well known Permaculture demonstration sites, and his book Future Scenarios: How Communities Can Adapt to Peak Oil and Climate Change. Interview by Jill Cloutier of Sustainable World, and Wes Roe of the Santa Barbara Permaculture Network.
http://pdcastsusworldradio.libsyn.com/index.php?post_id=583537

Permaculture in an Energy Descent World- Part 2 of an Interview with David Holmgren
Part 2 of a 2 part interview with David Holmgren, the co-originator of Permaculture. In part two of this interview, Holmgren talks about his book Future Scenarios: How Communities Can Adapt to Peak Oil and Climate Change, and shares with us his ideas of what living in an energy descent world might be like, and why "the party may not be over". Interview by Jill Cloutier of Sustainable World, and Wes Roe of the Santa Barbara Permaculture Network.

http://pdcastsusworldradio.libsyn.com/index.php?post_id=587339