permaculture - [permaculture] Permaculture activities in Mexico

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Holger Hieronimi <holger@tierramor.org>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Permaculture activities in Mexico
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 14:48:25 -0500

Hallo all-

saldudos de México- for all those interested in PC-related activities in Mexico:

An actualized set of weblinks to initiatives in Mexico can be found at

http://www.tierramor.org/links/Links.htm#permamex

it would be great if these get included in one of those great linksites on the web, for example at http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech/
Some of the sites recomended there for Mexico, Spain or Latinamerica are hopelessly out of date

On our linkpage at http://www.tierramor.org, we have also included other spanish and international sites that we find useful - we accept suggestions to make this one more complete

for spanish links: http://www.tierramor.org/links/Links.htm#permaesp
for international links: http://www.tierramor.org/links/Links.htm#permainter

There is a collection of Foto-documentations from several courses facilitated and/or organized by tierramor.org (often in colaboration with other mexican initiatives) that you can revise http://www.tierramor.org/cursos/CursosGranjaTierramor.htm

We have published an extensive foto-documentation of our most recent one-week Permaculture Fundamentals course, that ended last saturday - check out

http://www.tierramor.org/cursos/FotogaleriasCursos2010-2.html

The outline of the course included a vast temario, spanish speakers will find the daily progam in the documentation

here just some exerpts

History, conceptual evolution of PC
Permaculture ethics & design principles
Soils (central theme of this course) - compost, wormcompost, soil fertiliy, carbon farming, sheet mulch, green manures....
Water capture, filters, ferrocement cisterns, swale & keyline systems, design for water...
Future Scenarios and the transision concept, urban stategies, networking, creating community....
eco-construction: Cob, adobe, light clay etc., construction design, materials, tecniques...
food production: family gardens, biointensive vs forest gardening, integrated pest management, fruit trees, organic campesino agriculture
introduction to integrated design, design exercise on different smaller sites

was intented as a somwhat "first week" of a design course, though I think we got way into the second week of the traditional PCD, due to the intensity of the program (10h/ day). Anyway, regarding this last issue I have some thoughts to share with the large PC community, hopefully I´ll get these somewhat destilled soon-

kind regards

holger

  • [permaculture] Permaculture activities in Mexico, Holger Hieronimi, 04/14/2010