permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Gates Foundation/Community Food Enterprise

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: jenny Nazak <jnazak@yahoo.com>
  • To: "permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Gates Foundation/Community Food Enterprise
  • Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 17:01:14 -0800 (PST)

Evan wrote

>My last two cents:

>Here is the exact recipe for disaster as I see it:

>Wealthy industrialists + FOOD+ >Government subsidies = Famine & Waste

Yes, that is an old formula that we don't like. Now, what about:

Wealthy industrialists + a ***genuine awakening to the importance of local
food and local enterprise*** = a potential force for widespread progress

I'm not saying that's necessarily what's going on with the report prepared by
the Gates foundation, but from glancing at the report, I do feel that it's at
least a possibility.

I'm not claiming to know the motives of the people at the Gates Foundation
(or anyone else, for that matter -- even Monsanto).

I'm just saying that people and organizations evolve, and that
food-consciousness seems to be one of the most common gateways to a wider
sustainable-design consciousness.

Jenny

Jenny Nazak
Licensed Avatar Master
512-619-5363

"What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of
difference you want to make." - Jane Goodall

AvatarĀ® is a registered trademark of Star's Edge, Inc. All rights reserved.