permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Fw: leiderman-baird: permaculture response teams--attachment

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Rhonda <rk.baird@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: Ann Kreilkamp <arkcrone@gmail.com>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Fw: leiderman-baird: permaculture response teams--attachment
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 07:04:26 -0800 (PST)

The attachment didn't come through in my e-mail, so there were two pictures
of things on the ground in Haiti and a word doc with the following contents,
I'm sorry the header is messed up:

The Haitian Resource Development Foundation (HRDF), a 501(c)3
non-profit organization, with
United States Federal Tax I.D. No. 72-1074482, was established in 1987 in
the State of Louisiana. This Foundation is also recognied by the
government of Haiti as a Non-Governmental Organization (N.G.O.) under the
RE: No. MPCEFP/1993/94/17 and registered in the archives of Le Ministere
de
la Planification et la Cooperation Externe under the number B-0167.
HRDF’s mission is to
initiate or support projects whose goals are to develop Haiti’s resources
and focuses its effort on outcome-based programs in the fields of health
care, education, scientific research, arts and culture and economy.

SUGGESTED TEMPLATE
FOR COORDINATING EARTHQUAKE RESPONSE TEAMS

January
2010

Thank
you for your generous and important offer of response teams!  Imagine the
worst condition you ever worked
under and multiply by 10. This factor 10 is high because of the population
density, the destruction of much governmental, public and private
infrastructure and the general lack of coordination as of now.  Answering the
following questions will help
you for your trip. They follow the same formula for investigations and
journalism:  who? what? where? when? why?
how? how many? how much? how fast? etc.

We
want you to be as certain and as well prepared as you can possibly be.  HRDF
will be willing to help you over any
sticking points and uncertainties.
Please stay in touch with us.
Logistics coordination is at this time is of paramount importance.

What
are your teams’ specialties?

Will
there be men and women in your group, if so how many of each?

Will
they bring supplies and equipment with them and, if so, what kind and how
much?

Where
will they reside?

Who
will be your teams’ guides and caretakers? Do you have that commitment in
writing?

How
long will they stay? Do you intend to have any rotation in and out of the
country?

In
what part of the country do you plan to offer your services?

Do
you intend the people to come to you or will you go to them?

Who
will provide your meals, transportation and fuel?

How
will you publicize your services?

Thank
you,

Aldy
Castor MD  aldyc@att.net

President,
Haitian Resource Development Foundation (HRDF)

with
Stuart Leiderman, Environmental Refugees and Ecological Restoration
leiderman@mindspring.com

Rhonda

Permaculture Designer & Teacher
Editorial Services
Fiber Arts

This message may contain confidential and/or proprietary information, and
is intended for the person/entity to whom it was originally addressed. Any
use by others is strictly prohibited.