permaculture - [permaculture] Interwiki maps

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Chris Watkins <chriswaterguy@appropedia.org>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Interwiki maps
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 17:13:53 +1100

Subject was: "Re: [permaculture] Permaculture wikis & making a major impact"

On Thu, Dec 24, 2009 at 08:04, Lawrence F. London, Jr. <
venaurafarm@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> > But if that's the path we take, the very least we must do is to add each
> > other to our interwiki maps, which allows "interwiki linking" without the
> > nofollow tag - this will give the sites a modest boost in search
> rankings.
>
> That too, for sure. Enough admin types need to be attracted to this
> project so that tasks like this can be carried out in addition to lower
> level admins and editors.

Who are the admins that we need to talk with on the various wikis, to have
each others' wikis added to the interwiki maps?

What about the tech skills to do it? We can get it done for Appropedia (we
have the people that have the skills), but I know many wiki folks find it
confusing. If assistance is needed, let's see what we can arrange. And it's
always okay to ask for help on this list: Tech for sustainability
wikis<http://groups.google.com/group/tech-for-sustainability-wikis>

And re attracting admin types - indeed, we're very keen to have more!

I disagree with allowing anonymous input,
> certainly not with a global access system.

We've had this conversation many times, and remain committed to allowing
anon contributions, as well as monitoring the site actively. In practice,
this improves the quality of the wiki - it's counter-intuitive, but so are
many things about wikis :-).

--
Chris Watkins

Appropedia.org - Sharing knowledge to build rich, sustainable lives.

blogs.appropedia.org
identi.ca/appropedia
twitter.com/appropedia