permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Common Circle Education

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Common Circle Education
  • Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 01:09:55 -0500

Vladislav Davidzon wrote:
Folks,

A little feedback from folks about this fellow's activities. Buyer beware! This should settle any confusion about what CC is all about; $$$$ and use PC to get there.

http://portland.indymedia.org/en/2005/10/326467.shtml
Gouged! - by the Portland "Peace and Justice" Center 07.Mar.2006 17:16
Linda Scott pianositter@aol.com link

I registered for a bike tour and paid the "non-refundable" application fee. By return post came a whole set of previously unmentioned requirements, including rude and intrusive health questions that should never be asked by anyone but a doctor. When I protested, I was told I couldn't go on the tour without answering the questions and abiding by all of their previously-unmentioned rules. This business, owned by sole propietor Vladislav Davidzon, touts values like "we encourage individuals to act to improve their personal well-being" and "every human beig deserves a say in the decisions that affect heir lives and not be subject to the will of another". I am pissed that Mr. Davidzon gets to keep my $120 and I get nothing. I am researching the legality of this and hope to sue to either get my $120 back or be given a bike tour - sans the "drop your pants and bend over" prelude.

What a hoot!
http://portland.indymedia.org/en/2005/10/326467.shtml
portland peace and justice has lost my support 03.Aug.2006 12:20
sadder but wiser link

Huge scam. huge huge huge HUGE scam. A waste of time and money. Vladislav Davidzon is a slimy bag of poisonous non-organic fertilizer for getting a whole bunch of suckers like me to pay him $500+ to go camping with him and rip us off with a sub par disorganized version of WWOOF'ing. All this to raise funds for his political candidates. even if you support his political agenda, it's highly deceptive business practice. And the trip itself isn't worth the price you pay. So if you avoided this tour, thank your lucky stars. Hopefuly I can get some sort of refund; this wasn't anything like the cool service learning trip that was advertised. I am highly disappointed and wish to make sense of this all. I guess in the end I've learned to be a lot more careful and that even people who claim to promote progressive and sustainable causes can still be deceptive and take advantage of others.

Sincerely,

Sadder but Wiser

Preposterous!
http://portland.indymedia.org/en/2005/10/326467.shtml
Would you like to tell a stranger? 08.Mar.2006 20:53
Linda Scott link

I declined to share the following information with business owner Vladislav Davidzon in order to participate in his bike tour, though I did offer to provide a "clean bill of health" from my primary care physician.

Examples of the type of medical questions (there were 3 pages of them) required for participation in the bike tours of the Portland "Peace and Justice" Center:

"Have you been in counseling with a psychiatrist, psychologist, guidance counselor, or other counselor witin the last two years?"

"Are you currently in counseling or treatment with a conselor, psychiatrist, psychologist, or prescribing physician?"

"If no, but you were previously in counseling, when was counseling terminated?"

"Please check the appropriate responses that describe the reasons for counseling
__academic/career
__maintenance of medication
__eating disorder
__divorce
__substance abuse
__suicide
__family issues
__depression
__other

Summary of those items checked above:________________________________________"

...my reaction to this: "It's none of your business."