permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Common Circle Education

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Udan Farm <udanfarm@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Common Circle Education
  • Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 12:03:13 -0800 (PST)

To Gavin,
Well I for one am impressed at your list of things you have done in so few
years! Ah, youth!
I laughed at Scott's "there are no flies on you'! He's right!
Penny was one of my teachers too! I love her, she's an awesome teacher!
I hope that Mr. Davidzon will find a place on his website to show off the
wonderful talent that he has at the school!
His statement "We do not require 'legitimacy' in order to do our work;" I
think I can safely say, concerns many of us.
We work hard to be legitimate permaculturists, and DO take offense at anyone
who says they are not worried about presenting permaculture to the world
"legitimately."
There is a danger in spreading permaculture to the "mainstream", that it will
get watered down, and that more people will use illegitimate means to make
large amounts of money off of a system that is meant to be grass-roots and
available to most people. Case in point the "University" which is really
developers selling condos in Costa Rica.
Maybe a better way to approach him would be to say that there is a lot of
collective wisdom in permaculture already and we all agree it is CUSTOMARY to
post teacher info, and to not charge too much for classes, or at least if the
do to make several scholarship AND work-trade spots available to those
without access to cash.

But I am glad you introduced yourself, and am impressed at your work!

'dohi',

Isabel