permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Answering questions about credentials

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Scott Pittman" <scott@permaculture.org>
  • To: "'permaculture'" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Answering questions about credentials
  • Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 15:48:09 -0700

Wish that I could agree with you Linda but I do not believe the more the
word gets out the better the world. Look at the words "Green" or
"Sustainable" they have been totally hijacked by corporate America and have
been rendered meaningless. What does "natural" mean?

I believe that we live in an incredibly predacious capitalist culture that
is always looking to benefit from others hard work. In order to keep
permaculture a meaningful endeavor we have to be vigilant in our protection
of it as an ethical system.

What's to be cautious about letting people know who your teachers are?? All
educational institutions do that. We certainly do.

I didn't use snail mail but did use email which I usually do for a simple
inquiry. I guess I would phone if I was asking for money or their social
security number but to ask a question I don't feel it is necessary.

As far as Biodynamic and Seedsavers exchange those were both instances of
intra organizational problems not coming from the outside.

Your imagination of me approaching anyone with a "who the hell of you" is a
little presumptuous. I appreciate your need to keep everything on a love
and light level but that isn't the reality within which I exist.

Scott Pittman
Director
Permaculture Institute
www.permaculture.org