permaculture - [permaculture] OT Seth

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: <fdnokes@hotmail.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] OT Seth
  • Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 10:07:06 -0800

People took these books and tried to make a religion of them.

That does not change the fact that they are about human intelligence.
The way to read them is not to think who wrote this and can I believe it,
rather to take it under the advisement of your own intelligence.

As Seth points out, much of the intellect is inherently oriented toward the
social.
Somehow, I have evolved with a little more insulation to this aspect than
most, I suppose.
I cannot subscribe to a culture that is a 'respecter of persons'.
Such a culture is inherently bigoted.
Thinking something is right or wrong because of who said it is just not using
our own natural intelligence.

Frances