permaculture - [permaculture] OT ramblings Re: OT Seth

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] OT ramblings Re: OT Seth
  • Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 21:23:20 -0500

Lawrence F. London, Jr. wrote:
fdnokes@hotmail.com wrote:
<a lot of polarizing, divisive gibberish>
can we end the seth thing asap and get back to hands on permaculture
That was unnecessarily harsh, my error. I didn't mean that Frances'
post was gib... but, to me, the Seth thing is very controversial, discussion of which could result in endless cascading threads leading through meandering foothills to the very slopes of the mountain of madness (thanks, HP Lovecraft), straying far from the purpose of this list. I think a Stones song included the words, "its the singer, not the song". Then Marshall McCluhan wrote something about The Message Is the
Massage. Truthfully, I am as interested in the writings of H.P. Lovecraft and his Chuthlu Mythos and other writers of fantasy and supernatural tales like A. Blackwood, A. Machen, A. Merritt and others as perhaps Frances is with Seth. Irish folk and fairy tales are fulled with enchantment, another wonderful adventure in literature. Maybe it is my upbringing; my Father was a rare books librarian, historian and opera and classical music enthusiast. In the real world, from my perspective, little is taken for granted, mystery prevails, wonderment enthralls and captivates and you never know where the next wayside shrine is or what cool and interesting things await you around the next corner.