permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Monsanto's Phosphorus Theft

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: <fdnokes@hotmail.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Monsanto's Phosphorus Theft
  • Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 10:41:09 -0800

Thanks, Lawrence, and yet I had some second thoughts.
I've never been a fan of fertilizer, and the permaculture movement is largely about supporting nature to create good soil, but it does make sense to acknowledge that the current infrastructure that is responsible for feeding the millions does rely on phosphorous.

I feel so concerned about what is happening in this co-opted phase of the environmentalist movement.
I've completely lost faith in Canada's Green Party leader, having listened (to what I could tolerate) of her speech in the debates (Munk Debates).
Happy to have discovered Bjorn and hear the tone he set...
Interesting how he cautioned against superlatives and queried the need for the use, just before MonBiot rose to start off his speech with a 'preemptive superlative'.

I am heartened to see people like Bjorn, (Canadian) constitutional lawyer, Shawn Buckley, stand up and speak in dulcet tones of the need to maintain our rights and our freedoms and our common sense...