permaculture - [permaculture] Compost Riddle..

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: michael judd <michael@projectbonafide.com>
  • To: permaculture ibiblio listserv <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Compost Riddle..
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 16:26:59 +0000

Fellow Permaculturists,

I have a compost toilet riddle that needs a little collective design input in
support of our brothers and sisters down in Nicaragua. As part of two
upcoming service and ecology trips Project Bona Fide is heading up we are
going to build a multi chambered compost toilet at Mano Amiga community
center on Ometepe Island.

The outline of the toilet design is: two chambers for good 'ol #2 and an
additional section as a urinal. Now, the latter is the crux of the design
challenge as manual collection is not an option nor is an managed mix of #1
&#2. Thus the riddle..

Hoping that some of you have come across or built unique solutions.

Michael Judd

Founder, Co-Director

Project Bona Fide

240.344.5625