permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Permaculture Designers Manual - What the F$%K areyou talking about

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: <fdnokes@hotmail.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Permaculture Designers Manual - What the F$%K areyou talking about
  • Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 16:01:54 -0800

I thought that a 'group think' about what might be in such a manual might be just the ticket to put us back on track as a group.
For instance, what would be the most vital aspects of permaculture to include?
What would be the best introductory materials?
What would be the agenda of an intermediate level primer? Brainstorm, categorize headings, etc.
What would be the advanced levels.
What could go into any manual and what would be more specifically of regional interest?

I thought, perhaps, we might start by just reviewing the literature a bit to see what else we value besides this manual which has been in the limelight.

So, my idea was to 'reconstruct' permaculture as a group, and see what we can compile and what new discussions and controversies might arise...

I would also add to what Scott is saying, if you hate the manual write a better one and by all means distribute it for free. That would be far more helpful than attacking the current one. Like every other field of human endeavor, one would hope that people would honor the founders for starting the field, and then work to improve on their work and then pass it on to the next generation.

Larry Saltzman