permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Khalil Gibran offers a context for commenting on other, people's work (was Intellectual property) (Jonathan Storvick)

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: <fdnokes@hotmail.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Khalil Gibran offers a context for commenting on other, people's work (was Intellectual property) (Jonathan Storvick)
  • Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 11:34:47 -0800

Chris,

I, too, was very grateful for your bringing forth the quotes from Gibran.
These thoughts have been in my contemplation for a couple of years or so now, and great to see them expressed with such lyricism.

As to the debate, I am a proponent of diversity.
I welcome the diversity of viewpoint.
I see the attempts to bring everyone over to one way of thinking a fundamentalist urge which I am happy to resist.
The debate itself ushers forth further fodder to the imagination, the wit, the understanding, and perhaps, most importantly, perspective.

Who are we to judge, after all?
We can do our best, and if, sometimes, that means opening up our mouths and roaring, so be it!

Vive la difference!

Frances