permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Information monopoly (was: Intellectual property)

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Dieter Brand <diebrand@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Information monopoly (was: Intellectual property)
  • Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 00:13:11 -0800 (PST)

Ben,

Put another way: no society will survive that does not promote the creative
among its members.

We may question the soundness of current technological development, but by
simply destroying the basis on which society functions we don't create
anything better; on the contrary, the ensuing chaos is bound to lead to
innumerable suffering.  And if your liking is for the failed State, there is
more than one in the current World to choose from.

Dieter