permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Copyright Infringement on PERMACULTURE: A Designers' Manual

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Daniel Mazen Kablaoui <dankablaoui@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Copyright Infringement on PERMACULTURE: A Designers' Manual
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 16:28:11 -0500

0. Nobody is stealing Mollison's work. Nobody can now. He wrote the Design
Manual, and now there are people all over the world who want to thank him.

1. Who was it who said that a person is not entitled to the fruit of his
labor, but only to labor itself? I find it amazing that Evan is being
called out for having entitlement issues when it seems he is leveling an
argument against the notion of entitlement itself.

2. In any case, the Manual *is *available online for free, downloading the
pdf should take only a few minutes if you're working with a quick
connection. Worrying about the legality of that act is a waste of time!

3. I find myself enriched by illegally obtained information to a degree
which I can't fully conceptualize. I am absolutely mystified by any artist
whether they be writer, musician, scientist, or anyone who wastes bits of
their time being upset with me or others like me about that. I am not your
enemy.

Danny