permaculture - [permaculture] re. copyright infringement

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Udan Farm <udanfarm@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] re. copyright infringement
  • Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 11:14:52 -0800 (PST)

Having access to a library, or to the internet in one's home, and the time
and scanner to scan all that info in, also conveys privilege on their
part.Many third-world countries people do not and would not have access to
the internet or that book.
Many Permaculture Teachers, Mr. Mollison included, have used their income to
go to third world countries to teach permaculture to people who have neither
money or the internet. None of them are getting rich.
I think it does smack of entitlement-because if one was were really serious
about getting that book in their hands, they would FIND a way to take a
permaculture course, and to obtain a copy of that book.
I think it is "trendy" for young people to want to "liberate" things-anarchy
and all that.Try doing all the work that went into that book (three people,
and I am guessing several years) and then YOU can give away YOUR book. Oh,
and yes, you do have to have a Design Certificate in order to use the word
Permaculture in your work.  Those of us that have worked hard to get that
certificate cherish it's value.
Isabel