permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Copyright Infringement on PERMACULTURE: A Designers' Manual

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Evan Schoepke <thejulianeffect@gmail.com>
  • To: Tagari Publications <dtp@tagari.com>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Copyright Infringement on PERMACULTURE: A Designers' Manual
  • Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 01:10:20 -0800

Dear Tagari,

On behalf Punk Rock Permaculture thank you for quickly replying to my
letter. I agree that Bill, Tagari, and the entire Permaculture Institute
need and deserve as much revenue and funding as possible. I also thank
Tagari for all the desperately needed work it's doing to make
permaculture accessible to the developing world and many low income folks.
It is exactly because of my desire to see a fruitful and prosperous
permaculture network and thus a fruitful and prosperous Tagari that I
*whole-heartedly
disagree completely* and respectfully in regards to your previous letter. I
feel Tagari would sell many more books once the manual could be made
easily accessible in many languages. I can see that Tagari is in a position
to keep to business as usual. Unfortunately, (and perhaps fortunately) the
world is not! Please see this video of famed blogger, and post scarcity
guru, Cory Doctorow on why being open pays. I will continue to work and
advocate for the release (or re-release) of the designers manual onto the
net simply because I also ardently believe in earth care, people care, and
fair share and I know permaculture is set of ideas whose time has come.
Sometimes progress looks punk...
<http://punkrockpermaculture.com/2008/10/22/mexico-city-permaculture-punks/>

P.S. I look forward to reading Ferment and Human Nutrition at a affordable
price, again thank you very much and keep up the awesome work.

Cory Doctorow being introduced by the founder of Ibiblio which hosts the
international permaculture network list serve..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkBX-981_es