permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Svar: Re: David Blume and "Alcohol Can Be A Gas"

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Svar: Re: David Blume and "Alcohol Can Be A Gas"
  • Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 13:19:34 -0400

Thomas Jahn wrote:
I just want to through the following link into our recent discussion about biofuel. Not to support 'my view', but rather to question it!?:
http://www.discover.umn.edu/featuredDiscoveries/biomassBreakthrough.php

What Tilman suggsets here is in fact growing biomass in natural prairie grasslands for biofuel production. The growing principles are pretty much permaculture. The ethics of course are not.

You should also listen to the podcast interview (http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/full/326/5952/527/DC2 )
with Steven Hamburg, coauthor with David Tilman and others on a paper in the latest Science magazine issue with the title: Fixing a Critical Climate Accounting Error.

I am not sure if I am allowed to attach the article here, as it is not open source but only accessable to subscribers. Maybe Lawrence knows and can say something. I have got the pdf and could attach it here.

Sounds like it is commercial copyrighted material; if you posted it on a
website
and provided us with a link you might be liable (more like would be). Fair use law might allow you to extract the text from the pdf and post it to this noncommercial forum; look to see if this is possible. All attachments are removed from posts should they exist before sending out to the list.