permaculture - Re: [permaculture] llamas

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Nancy Frank <oppty@mac.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] llamas
  • Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 14:47:24 -0500

They have specific carts just made for llamas, and there are excellent driving instructors around. LIke anything else, the personality of the llama will determine whether they are better sheep guards, pack animals, cart pullers, nursing home visitors, animals for kids to ride, wool producers or lawn mowers. Many of them will check several boxes, and most will check more boxes that we may think at the beginning with a little training and positive reinforcement. They are very intelligent and tractable animals.

Nancy