permaculture - [permaculture] low pressure faucets for rainwater

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Rain Tenaqiya <raincascadia@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] low pressure faucets for rainwater
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 12:09:05 -0700 (PDT)

As I feared, my newly installed indoor faucets will not let any of the water
from my rainwater tanks through.  Does anyone know where to find faucets for
very low pressure applications, or how to turn one of these stupid new
faucets into a low pressure faucet?

The tanks are behind my house and only provide 0-4 feet of head above the use
point.  I may have to resort to a tank on the hill above my house designed to
provide shower water, but that will only be about 10 feet higher.  I should
have plumbed everything with bigger PEX pipe, but my sources of information
were wrong.  Oh, the frustration!

Thanks,

Rain