permaculture - Re: [permaculture] composting people

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: yarrow@sfo.com
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] composting people
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 01:05:45 -0700

At 4:50 PM -0400 5/26/08, trevor william johnson wrote:
also in jenkins humanure handbook he says that we have been using
composting to turn dead animals into compost. he does not say
anything about composting humans though. i imagine the process is
the same. does anyone out there know anything of this practice? i ...

Green burials? I've heard of several around the world, AFAIK without the embalming and concrete vaults and decorator coffins, where the land is managed as a nature preserve.

As for composting people specifically, several years ago I heard someone from North Carolina on the radio talking about composting people. I don't recall his name (or where he got his research subjects).