permaculture - [permaculture] composting people

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: trevor william johnson <john2116@msu.edu>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] composting people
  • Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 16:50:03 -0400

also in jenkins humanure handbook he says that we have been using composting to turn dead animals into compost. he does not say anything about composting humans though. i imagine the process is the same. does anyone out there know anything of this practice? i would love to be spread under a fruit or nut tree or even on a field after my body is dead. however i currently have concerns about cycling heavy metals and possible bioaccumulation in food and people.