permaculture - [permaculture] Used cooking oil vehicles?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Chris Anderson <activehope@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Used cooking oil vehicles?
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 19:32:48 -0700 (PDT)

Britt,

I don't know anyone personally who's currently using SVO in theirdiesels, but
I saw a great film recently at the Sedona Film Festivalcalled Fields of Fuel.
It won an award at Sundance as well as in Sedona. Awesome,well-rounded view
of alternatives and making a case for using whateverbiofuels we can and pros
and cons of each, what's on the cutting edge, etc. You can find out more at
http://www.fieldsoffuel.com/.

The reason I mention it is that one of the success stories the filmshares is
NYC-based Tri-State Biodiesel. They collect veggie oil inlarge trucks and
turn it into biodiesel. I know it's not quite whatyou were looking for, but
it's a huge step in the right direction, andperhaps a contact for you in
finding people doing what you want to do. You might find other contacts on
the Fields of Fuel Media, Team, or Partners pages.

I made apost today on the same list about an additive I learned about
thatallows one to use veggie oil without a conversion. That site, in
caseyou're interested, is http://www.dieselsecret.com/index.html. If you
hear about positive or negative feedback about this, please let me know.

Good luck!
Chris Anderson
Eden on Earth, LLC
PO Box 299
Sedona AZ 86339
http://www.EdenOnEarthLandscaping.com
(928) 202-6649 Cell

"You can fix all the world's problems in a garden"

- Geoff Lawton, in the Greening the Desert video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sohI6vnWZmk

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs