permaculture - [permaculture] svo conversion

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Brooks Miller" <brooks.devin@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] svo conversion
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 16:08:01 -0400

hi - i converted my 1980 Mercedes 300SD to run on SVO. it's a simple
conversion, not to say it didn't frustrate me at times! but i could give
you lots of info on how to do it, what cars to look for, etc.

by far the best resource for a conversion is the biodiesel infopop forum,
which has information on both biodiesel homebrewing and SVO.
http://biodiesel.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=cfrm&s=447609751

BE WARNED: some of the people on the site are dogmatic - they think the
conversion can only happen one way to work properly. but i've done a couple
conversions, and a friend has done over 60, some the "right" way, some with
less frills. it all depends on the car, the climate, and the oil you get.