permaculture - Re: [permaculture] carbon sequestration

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Harmon Seaver <hseaver@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] carbon sequestration
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 13:35:27 -0600

Nah -- the contractors and develops have essentially done themselves
in. Just read the evening news, housing prices are going down, down,
down, housing starts likewise, and the subprime mess, banking meltdown,
etc that is sending us into the Second Great Depression will ensure the
contractors and developers will be out of action for a long, long time.
Long enough that the coming world energy shortage will ensure they never
get started again.
Meaning, essentially, that the depression the US is just entering
into will last for generations, maybe forever, or at least until the
concept of permaculture and organic, sustainable methods becomes
mandatory worldwide.

http://www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net/BreakingNews.html

http://jameshowardkunstler.typepad.com/clusterfuck_nation/2007/12/forecast-for-20.html

--