permaculture - Re: [permaculture] carbon sequestration

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] carbon sequestration
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 12:57:02 -0500

J. Kolenovsky wrote:

One thing that could be done that would make a
difference would be to decrease world population. Maybe weather will

This is a serious and well-intentioned question to put to the Catholic Church,
other Christian Churches, other denominations and to the pro life movement at
large,
excluding any violent individuals or factions within them. They need to
address this
issue and they need to tell the rest of us what they propose doing. The
increase in
persons contracting AIDS and other highly infectuous sexually transmitted
diseases
parallels open-ended population growth. It also impacts non-renewable
resources worldwide
and puts greater demand on the global food supply.

play a largely significant role in this. Lack of food would help too.
Maybe certain males could be required to have vasectomies.

All forms of birth control, early abortion and voluntary sterilization of
both sexes
and, I suppose, more gays, more people taking holy orders and more celibates
mean less babies.

I don't know what any solutions there are but if there are any DVD movie
producers out there, please produce for us a movie of what those times
will be like in the future, get funding for it and get support to
distribute the movie worldwide. It may get some's attention, it may
scare some or it may force some to do nothing while we all go
underground and re-form our survival huddles. Guarantee you something
needs to happen or something will happen.

Make sure you protect yourself, your family, your neighbors and your
community unit.
Live frugally and efficiently, and recycle, waste not.