permaculture - Re: [permaculture] dealing with geese

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: trevor william johnson <john2116@msu.edu>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] dealing with geese
  • Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 12:14:50 -0500

I am looking for more systematic solutions that dont require constant energy output by me and financial output from the farm.

trevor

On Feb 7, 2008, at 12:01 PM, Dylan Ford wrote:

Trevor - Grape KoolAid can help. Google Grape Kool Aid and Geese. It
apparently repels them, and must be reapplied after every rain. dylan

Dylan Ford is the author of the proposal at www.ideaforpresident.com , a
website devoted to an idea that could provide an avenue to address pollution
issues, food safety, social justice, prison reform and healthcare.

From: "trevor william johnson"
Subject: [permaculture] dealing with geese

hey permies,

I may be working at a farm in southern michigan that has a goose
problem. Have any of you experience in managing the yields of the
geese...how to scare them away from the fields when crops are in and
inviting them in the fall. They are canadian geese (protected
species) so i cant use the yields of their bodies (feathers bones)
but their pest control and fertilization yields would be much
appreciated. Any ideas?

trevor