permaculture - [permaculture] new inventions

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Keith Johnson <keithdj@mindspring.com>
  • To: Permaculture ibiblio <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] new inventions
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 12:40:26 -0500

A friend forwarded this link to interesting design ideas. WAY too much plastic, IMO, and too many "smart" gadgets, but creative nonetheless. I found it useful to stimulate my imagination toward more renewable, sustainable inventions. "Amazing" is a bit hyperbolic.

This is a page from a site featuring winners of design competitions in a wide variety of arenas. You can check out other great design winners via links on the left side bar on the page hyperlinked below. These inventions are amazing! This is just one that really left my jaw dropped. There is an amazing back pack solar cooker, a "love mattress", just lots of amazingly inventive great new ideas.

http://www.red-dot.sg/Concept/porfolio/06/06gr/R034flow.htm

--
Keith Johnson
"Be fruitful and mulch apply."
Permaculture Activist Magazine
PO Box 5516, Bloomington, IN 47407
(812) 335-0383
http://www.permacultureactivist.net
http://www.PermacultureTradingPost.com
Switch to Solar Power the Easy Way
http://www.jointhesolution.com/KeithJ-SunPower
http://www.PowUr.com/KeithJ-SunPower
Blog: http://kjpermaculture.blogspot.com/
http://www.permacultureactivist.net/design/Designconsult.html
http://www.ARCulture.org
also APPLE-Bloomington (Alliance for a Post-Petroleum Local Economy) It's a
small world after oil.
also Bloomington Permaculture Guild
http://my.calendars.net/bloomingtonpccal/
and: http://bloomingtonpermacultureguild.blogspot.com/