permaculture - Re: [permaculture] what is "politics" exactly...?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: trevor william johnson <john2116@msu.edu>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] what is "politics" exactly...?
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 13:51:43 -0500

Scott and all my Permaculture friends,

I see this as a very different approach to Green Capitalism which has little
to do with the well being of the worker or the producer but rather is still
driven by profit for the stockholders, and for the top executives. How do
you make corporate monocropping a fulfilling and ecological work even if it
is organic?? How is it possible to work within any corporate structure and
maintain your joy of life, and creative spirit? I think it is by convincing
oneself that Lincoln Towncars, and MacMansions are the stuff of joy and
happiness. I further think it is by ignoring the thousands under you who
can't afford their rent let alone Lincolns.

For the first time in history total corporate wealth exceeds total
government wealth that is a scary reality, since we know that corporate
wealth is divided between a very tiny minority of the population and
government is more and more in service to the corporate sector instead of
the people. This is an obscene reality that is crushing the life out of our
communities, or schools, our rivers and forests, and our future.

Your absolutely right. The current paradigm in which our capitalism is functioning from destroys the resources it depends on. The amount of money and power allowed to corporations and funneled to the few is not a functional practice. However if we look at permaculture energetically, our job is to observe the current energies of a system and direct it per our ethics. wouldn't the easiest way to address this issue be to focus on making local/sustainable/green profitable? speak into their listening. these people speak $. Its easy to talk of profit in the abundance of the garden of eden. just like every other system i believe this will evolve through time but the initial step has to address the major forces of the system and channel its energies to our means. What do you think?

Namaste,
Trevor Johnson
Ferndale, MI
Stelle, IL PC design corse F'06