permaculture - Re: [permaculture] book saving

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: yarrow@sfo.com
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] book saving
  • Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2007 20:43:13 -0800

To reiterate, the "unsalable" books are being rescued now, at this particular place. (It took a few of us over a year to persuade the organization that all usable books were worth saving. This is why if you are concerned about keeping useful, especially esoteric books, out of the landfill, you can make a difference if you get involved with your local Friends of the Library group.) They come in as donations, and they go out as free books instead of being sold in the bookstore. No doubt some of the books do find their way to the internet marketplace.

yarrow@sfo.com wrote:
I volunteer for one of the Friends of the Library groups,
one of the very few in our area that gives away books
considered unsalable -- marked up, not new enough, too
specialized, too esoteric, too far removed from what they
know or are interested in.....