permaculture - Re: [permaculture] English ivy on site of future forest garden

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Niels Corfield <mudguard@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] English ivy on site of future forest garden
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 16:51:38 +0000

Make sure when you cut it from tree trunks that you cut out a good 1' foot section.
No need to remove it from the tree, it will dry and become much easier to handle.

My Bookmarks:
http://del.icio.us/entrailer

My Pics and Projects:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nielscorfield/
http://picasaweb.google.com/mudguard

Groups I Contribute to:

Mathew Waehner wrote:
Thanks Paul.

I am actually in North Carolina- known more as "kudzu country", but ivy is
quite a problem here. It takes over the forest fragments in suburban areas,
and it seems to weaken and sour the soil- as you said it devotes little
energy to roots.

The japanese sickle looks like a perfect tool for cutting vines, as well as
repelling ninja assaults.