permaculture - Re: [permaculture] English ivy on site of future forest garden

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Mathew Waehner" <waehner@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] English ivy on site of future forest garden
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 09:29:06 -0500

Thanks Paul.

I am actually in North Carolina- known more as "kudzu country", but ivy is
quite a problem here. It takes over the forest fragments in suburban areas,
and it seems to weaken and sour the soil- as you said it devotes little
energy to roots.

The japanese sickle looks like a perfect tool for cutting vines, as well as
repelling ninja assaults.