permaculture - [permaculture] guineafowl eat voles too

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Rain Tenaqiya <raincascadia@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] guineafowl eat voles too
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 20:53:46 -0700 (PDT)

I forgot to mention guineafowl, which can learn to eat voles. Turkeys (a
closer relative than chickens, which I've never witnessed eating a vole)
might be more effective, but guineafowl also lay eggs. Out here in the near
wilderness, it takes too much effort to protect guineafowl from predators to
think that we could train them to eat voles AND expect them to be around for
a few years, but in your situation, it might work.

Rain

FareChase.